The much-anticipated grand opening of the Ram Temple in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh, scheduled for January 22, has captured the attention of the entire nation. Extensive preparations are underway for the ‘pran-pratishtha’ event, where Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to be the chief guest. Thousands, including saints, celebrities, and politicians, have received invitations to the ceremony.
Government Offices Nationwide to Close in Celebration
In light of the significant occasion, the central government has announced the closure of all government offices across the country for half a day. Additionally, several state governments have declared public holidays or half-days in their respective states to mark the event.
States observing a holiday on January 22 include:
- Uttar Pradesh: Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has directed the closure of all educational institutions and liquor shops across the state.
- Chhattisgarh: Chief Minister Vishnu Deo Sai announced the closure of all government offices until 2:30 pm on Monday.
- Haryana: Schools will be closed, and the state government has announced a dry day.
- Assam: A half-day holiday has been declared for government offices and educational institutions until 2:30 pm.
- Maharashtra: The state government has declared a public holiday on January 22.
- Goa: All government offices and educational institutions will remain closed for the day.
- Chandigarh: The union territory administration has declared the closure of all its offices on January 22.
- Puducherry: Chief Minister N Rangasamy has announced a public holiday in the union territory.
- Tripura: Government offices and educational institutions across Tripura will be closed until 2:30 pm.
- Rajasthan: A half-day holiday has been declared for government offices.
- Uttarakhand: Government offices will remain closed until 2:30 pm, and educational institutions will be shut for the day.
- Odisha: Government offices, revenue, and magisterial courts in Odisha will remain closed until 2:30 pm.
- Madhya Pradesh: Schools will be closed for the day, and government offices will shut until 2:30 pm. Additionally, a dry day has been declared in the state.
- Gujarat: All government offices in Gujarat will remain closed for half a day to celebrate the consecration of the Ram temple.